Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Urban Market ~ where, when, why

All this chatting about Urban Market … what is Urban Market you ask?  Last month, just days before an art show that I was in at PCC, I learned about a new concept in Lexington called the Urban Market.  After some investigation, I thought this sounded like the perfect venue to showcase my art.  Once a month ~ yes, I could handle that.  Indoors; lots of women vendors … helping a non-profit empower women to return to work, create jobs, help the local economy, help women over come horrible abuse and other situations ~ YES, I definitely wanted to support this.  So sign me up I said.  Well, I also ended up having the privilege of designing their new logo.  To view some of my original proofs that I created click here:http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/8354393
This was the final art selected  ~ I was pleased with their choice:
For additional information about the organization behind UM click here and select the events tab:http://www.capacityinc.org