Monday, May 10, 2010

Chestnut Tree Gallery and Still Waters Studio

Last week, I finally made the trip a few miles south from Lexington to Richmond to retrieve a prize I had won from the Chestnut Tree Gallery and Still Waters Studio. I had been interested in visiting the gallery for sometime ... since following them on Facebook.  While there, I was honored to have met the entire Rollins family.

The Chestnut Tree Gallery has a great selection featuring artisans from around the area. My first impression after entering the gallery was the feeling of peace and tranquility.  Perhaps it was the gentle nature of my conversation and guide Jonathan Rollins, (who is also an art instructor in the Still Waters Studio) ... or perhaps it was the way the art was displayed. Often local art stores and galleries have so much, that it is completely overwhelming.  I felt the Chestnut Tree Gallery was designed in such a way that one could easily allow their eyes to slowly take in each painting, sculpture, carving, jewelry, etc., without the next piece fighting for your attention. 


Speaking of jewelry, they have a marvelous collection. This is the piece I selected as my prize.  I love it and will treasure it always.

Since I knew I was to meet the owners during my visit I brought alone a few of my Functional Art pieces. 

Amazingly, seventeen pieces now are on display in the CTG. I am honored to have my art exhibited among some of the finest artist in Kentucky. 

If you visit you will find a collection of dried leaves, abstract paintings of the American flag, one of my cardinal bird coasters, a real butterfly encased in resin ... all on coasters that you can use.  The CTG also has several larger pieces that can be used as trivets, hot plate, candle holder or even a mouse pad. I've painted many animals over the years and one of my best sellers is my wild colored, hand-painted roosters ~ see below.  I've already met some new friends on Facebook after my visit to the Chestnut Tree Gallery since Ginny, (the owner) has already been advertising my my Functional Art.  I am feeling good about this new partnership.  

For more info you can follow them on Facebook at:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Richmond-KY/Chestnut-Tree-Gallery-and-Still-Waters-Studio/.

No comments: