Sunday, June 6, 2010

When life gives me lemons ... "ditch lily photo editing"


When life gives me lemons instead of making lemonade ... I play with Adobe Photoshop!


Editing photos is as therapeutic to me as growing flowers in my garden. Don't ask me the explain the techniques I used to achieve these results ... I think it's more like a click here and a click there ... or as a chef would say, "a little of this and that".  

I hope to either have these images printed on canvas or greeting cards. This photo was taken on the side of the road in Woodford County ... it is a native plant called a ("ditch") daylily.  

They are very common in Kentucky as well as other southern states.  

I really have never seen a green lily ...  perhaps this is why I find this image so interesting.

(click on images to increase size.)

 
There are times when something in the environment forces us to take a double-take. And for those on the lookout for the effective novelty of being creative ... the unexpected certainly makes life more interesting. I will name this "art happens" ... until I think of a better name.

1 comment:

Sharmon Davidson said...

Hi, it's nice to see another Kentuckian in the blogosphere! I live in Kenton County, but spend a lot of time at my place in Lewis county. I also find playing with Photoshop to be relaxing, as long as I'm not set on achieving a certain result. Your altered photos are very cool, and I love the horse photos!