Monday, March 11, 2013

Easter Bunny Painting with Fashion Hat, Dried Pansies on Collage Dictionary Pages


In the midst of living a hectic life — and often with too much drama and pain for comfort
I need art therapy. I must create, for no purpose other than to relax.

Recently, I have endured some tortuous pain from spine issues, (results from previous accidents). As I began to improve and was recovering from physical therapy and chiropractic care, I decided I need more time in my studio and less time on a heating pad. Art time is definitely more healing than starring at my computer, Blogging about mental health policy and the need to reform state and federal law.


Purchase my Easter Bunny prints at: http://fineartamerica.com  -- or view it here: http://tinyurl.com/nvbzgaf 



Whenever I locked myself in my studio, it is often 'with' purpose. I may have a deadline for a customer's pet portrait or perhaps the need to create a friend's birthday gift. Other times, I may be motivated to create art for upcoming exhibits or to add 'functional art' inventory at local gift shops and galleries.


However, sometimes I have no direction or reason I try to 'just be'. On such an evening, a bunny wearing high fashion millinery made it's way to my sketch pad.

At some point I have illustrated hats on cats, dogs, horses, Derby Divas, even snowmen — so why not an Easter Bunny?


And let's throw in a few Easter Eggs for grins.
 
                                           
Did you know?

The Easter bunny has its origin in pre-Christian fertility lore. The Hare and the Rabbit were the most fertile animals known and they served as symbols of the new life during the Spring season.
 
The bunny as an Easter symbol seems to have it's origins in Germany, where it was first mentioned in German writings in the 1500s. The first edible Easter bunnies were made in Germany during the early 1800s. These were made of pastry and sugar. 






The Easter bunny was introduced to American folklore by the German settlers who arrived in the Pennsylvania Dutch country during the 1700s.

The arrival of the "Oschter Haws" was considered "childhood's greatest pleasure" next to a visit from Christ-Kindel on Christmas Eve. The children believed that if they were good the "Oschter Haws" would lay a nest of colored eggs. 



The children would build their nest in a secluded place in the home, the barn or the garden. Boys would use their caps and girls their bonnets to make the nests . The use of elaborate Easter baskets would come later as the tradition of the Easter bunny spread through out the country. 


Then, if that wasn't enough I decided to glue a few of my   dried pansies to the bunny painting. These were still on my desk from another art project I had just completed.
 



    This unique, one of a kind Easter Bunny art is also sealed in several coats of poly resin trademarked as Envirotex Lite. The resin allows the 3 dimensional shapes such as dried flowers, leaves or seeds to appear as under glass, preserving them for a lifetime of botanical beauty. 
"Wala" it is done, and ready for spring decorating. Bring on the Easter Parade!

Purchase GG's Easter Bunny Stamps here:http://www.zazzle.com/easter_bunny_bonnet_design_by_gg_burns_postage-172760919841010340





Buy other art prints by GG here at imageKind:http://www.imagekind.com/Easter-Bunny-Bonnet-by-GG-Burns-art?IMID=236ce163-6e3f-487d-9f9a-ecf925fc78bc
  

No comments: