Friday, February 13, 2015

A Collection of My Favorite Valentine Heart Art, Quotes and Decorations!






Every holiday, I try to make time to
post photos of my latest art or
craft projects. Sadly, by mid
February I am either too consumed
with surviving the cold Kentucky
winters, dealing with health/family
issues or advocacy projects ... for art.
The coaster above is a
Valentine gift that will last forever.

This is one of my favorite quotes for the
snowy season, I made it in my backyard. 



"Always listen to your heart because 
even though it's on your left side, 
it's always right." ― Nicholas Sparks. 




This morning, I found this sweet card hidden
with a delicious bag of candy from my
wonderful husband of 30 years.
It reminded me of the sweet card and
bag of candy, he left by my apartment door,
oh so many years ago …
just a few months after we first met.
He's a sentimental, peace loving man …
and of course that is why I fell in love with him. 

"How sweet it is to be loved by you!" ― Marvin Gaye



Speaking of friends, I have been truly blessed beyond
measure in that area. My friend's support, kindness
and patience keep me going. I have friends who are
always there for me, even when they might not feel
up to it. I love this quote that
I added to a collage trivet many years ago. 

L'amore domina senza regole. 
"Love rules without rules." ― Italian Proverb



This is one of my many button art collections
created from my Mother and Grandmother's
old buttons. This quote is for all the Mothers who have
children with disabilities … we work until the
day we die trying to hold it together. 

“Mothers are like buttons, 
they hold everything together” Author ― Unknown

I started this vintage heart spool art about 2 years ago.
I finally found an old wooden clipboard in my
closet and have declared it finished.
The spools were yet another gift from my
Mother, save from years of sewing.
Some are from the late 50's …
others are a bit newer.
It added a decorative brass key and
andValentine embellishment,
that I created many years ago. 

Everyday, people I know face unbelievable challenges.
In spite of dealing with pain, disease,
diversity and trauma beyond comprehension,
they still manage to carry on. For all the warriors
who cope with the great barriers … this is for you. 

"Start each day with a grateful heart."   
Author ― Unknown


“Heaven doesn't ignore cries of a broken heart.” 
― Toba Beta

 This heart art is dedicated to all 
of you who continue to 
"fight for what is right" in a 
world full of barriers. 

“Having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage, not weakness.”


To wrap up this "heart art" post … 
I've included my top favorite quotes, 


"The best and most beautiful things in the 
world cannot be seen or even touched, 
they must be felt with the heart." ―  Helen Keller

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.

The Poems of Emily Dickinson

Happy Valentines! GG

No comments: