Tuesday, April 25, 2017

WALK of ART spring event will be held May 5-6 at the Hoover MET

The WALK of ART will be held at the Hoover MET on May 5-6, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sponsors are: The Central Alabama Art Guild, the Hoover Arts Alliance and Alphagraphics, Inc


This event is benefitting The Wellhouse, (a ministry that brings awareness to human trafficking occurring in our city) and the Hoover Scholarship Fund.

I've painted several new paintings, created many small gift items that I call "functional art" ... all perfect for "Mother's Day, graduation gifts, birthdays for the WALK of ART event. Most of my paintings are inspired by either flowers from my garden or those of my gardening friends. The fairies and hummingbirds are from my imagination.





Hidden Figures of the Iris, by GG Burns
My new work features spring flowers ... mostly irises and lilies, butterflies and birds of all kinds ... humming birds, blue birds, even tropical birds. I'm also introducing my "hidden fairy" artwork. I look forward in seeing you at the first ever "WALK of ART.





SHOW DETAILS:
The WALK of ART will be held at the Hoover Met on May 5 and 6, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. CAAG President Jinger Glasgow said the show will include areas for Central Alabama Artists Guild members and craft-makers to sell their products, as well as tables for local businesses to promote their services. 
The show includes judging and awards for Artists Guild members, as well as a silent auction benefiting the Hoover Scholarship Fund and WellHouse Ministries. 
Vendors who participate will set up in the Met's concourses the evening of Thursday, May 5 and take down their booths at the close of the show on Saturday. The Hoover Met will provide overnight security. The cost to rent a booth is $100 and can include a table and chairs. Vendors also have the option to donate an item to the silent auction. 
For more information, call Glasgow at 515-2705 or visit the Walk of Art Facebook page.

No comments: